Blogs > Delco Hoops

The Daily Times' boys basketball blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

CHESTER'S JEFFERSON STAYS HUSH-HUSH ON COLLEGE RECRUITMENT UPDATES



Here's what I know about the recruitment of Rondae Jefferson: A lot of teams have come calling. Here's what I don't know about the recruitment of Jefferson: Everything else.

A Chester junior and one of the nation's top recruits for the Class of 2013, Jefferson has told me he has made no decisions – not even narrowing down the list of schools that have offered. And if he has, Jefferson isn't telling anybody.

I asked Jefferson Friday night, following Chester's 81-31 thumping of Norristown, a few questions about the process:

Who has offered a scholarship?
Jefferson: “I don’t even know. I’ve got a couple offers. I can’t think of them right now. My head’s spinning right now.”

Not even one name?
Jefferson: “I don’t want to say somebody and leave somebody out.”

Temple could join the Big East. What does that mean to you?
Jefferson: “I mean, the Big East is fine. I like the Big East. It doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t think about that.”

Chester coach Larry Yarbray told me another school threw its hat into Jefferson's ring.

“(There's) too many right now. Ohio State called me (Friday),” Yarbray said. :He’ll have more (offers) moving into next year, if we continue to win and he keeps playing like he is, plays good on the (summer) circuit, works on his weaknesses, all of that.”

Jefferson's recruitment seems to be one of those wait-and-see things. So you better find a cozy spot on the couch. This could take awhile.

(Times staff photo / ERIC HARTLINE)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home