Blogs > Delco Hoops

The Daily Times' boys basketball blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

ARCHBISHOP CARROLL'S YACOB NETS PAIR OF DIVISION I SCHOLARSHOP OFFERS


Archbishop Carroll's Yosef Yacob isn't having the best season, but it's been good enough to garner a pair of offers from Division I programs.

Yacob, the Patriots' junior point guard, has received scholarship offers from Rider and Albany, according to Carroll coach Paul Romanczuk.

"I'm sure (his recruiting) will pick up on the AAU trail this spring and summer," Romanczuk said Wednesday, "but we've had a few teams pop in and out of the gym. I don't think it's anyone new exactly who is entering the picture.

"Last time I checked, Rider and Albany have offered full scholarships," he continued. "Delaware and Northeastern and Niagara have checked in on him, as well. I'm sure there's some I'm missing."

Counted on to be the go-to guy at Carroll -- after losing Juan'ya Green (Niagara) to graduation in 2011 and D.J. Irving (Boston U) in 2010 -- Yacob is averaging 10 points per game, though he's had to weather a few sluggish shooting nights. Yacob has hit for double-figures in scoring in only seven of 16 games for the Patriots (11-5, 6-1).

But Yacob has been known to shoot lights-out when it matters most. (See: 2010-11 PCL playoffs). I'm certain it'll pick up for Yacob soon ... and that goes for his recruitment, too.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home